Monday, October 4, 2010

6 Months In: A Letter from the Editor.

From birth, to concept, to execution this project has been a learning experi... blah blah blah... I started to write this a couple times and each time in sounded too prepared and cliche so I'll just speak from my heart...

For those of you who have stuck with me all of these years (youtube subscribers), this magazine is what gave focus to all those seemingly random videos I used to make. The only thing stringing all those old videos together was the fact they were all things I liked or enjoyed. AVideoMagazine is no different and when the idea came to me it felt like I had been doing it all along. I love it and I thank you for putting up with me all this time. I need your support now more than ever.

Though insular at times, I couldn't have done this alone so to those of you that stayed up late nights or met up with me to hear me rant for 2 hours over drinks, thank you. There's a specific few of you (I won't embarrass you publicly) that went above and beyond; testing the site for bugs, creating content, contributing to the blog, bouncing back ideas, and developing/producing stories. My sincerest gratitude. You have no idea how much you've helped both in being able to look at this project from the outside looking in but also for being able to really understand the brand and how we're delivering our content.

Then, there are the silent champions that thanklessly help without even knowing. (Sup Kenny!) Those of you that consistently watch, promote, and interact with the content. You are why I do this, week in and week out. You're the biggest motivators of all because what are a bunch of stories without people to enjoy them? Here's a toast to you, these first 6 months, the next 6 months and everything beyond that. Thank you all so much. I'll see you at AVideoMagazine! ;)

love from the editor,
billi baracuda


P.s. If you are or will be in NYC next weekend, contact us to come to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...