Monday, April 11, 2011

The Rise of Boey's Cups | extra links!

It was late last year when I received the first message from Boey. I had no idea who it was until I read then line "Here's my stuff, if you're ever interested in a guy who draws on coffee cups." followed by a link to his website, iamboey.com. My mouth dropped to the floor. I instantly knew who he was from that sentence and all the images I had been seeing around the internet of his work came flooding into mind.

I pounced. I had to get this interview. To put it simply, I was stoked and flattered that after watching the Hyperbole and a Half interview we did, he thought to write me and set the wheels in motion. He's been featured all over the internet with notable stops on Maxim, the official Sharpie blog, and now us! Fast forward a couple of months and here we are. The interview launched last week and the dialog between Boey and the mag has been nothing but positive.

Please visit iamboey.com to follow his day to day blog, view his cups on flickr, and purchase the artworks on etsy.

Please note both AVideoMagazine and Boey himself would like to clarify that the work in progress featured in our video interview was created well before the devastation in Japan and has no connection to the events. The work is neither about nor commentary on the tsunami. Our hearts go out to the people of Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...