Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm crossing my fingers for the digital HOLGA.

So why is this camera a big deal? I mean, besides the fact that it's being aligned with the long standing Holga brand of cameras and the lifestyle behind shooting with plastic lenses, so what?
 

This camera/concept, developed by industrial designer Saikat Biswas, encourages the shooter to go out for a day of snapping and once again participates in a long forgotten aspect of photography, the wait, and perhaps more accurately, the uncertainty. The not knowing what you actually shot until the film is processed was part of the overall shooting experience. It fostered discipline and accurate exposure metering and gave the whole thing an air of mystery. That was fun. I miss it.

This little concept Holga D retains that magic by not letting you see your images until you get home and download them into your computer, thus mimicking having to get your film developed at your local one hour photo. Brilliant, I think, and I can't wait/hope they go into production. I'm buying one right away. I've been looking for a way to recapture that old feeling of shooting on film and not knowing if you've got your shot or not. And atop all that, it's a pretty sexy looking little picture maker. Click here to read more about the cameras features and specs. Pay special attention to the Holga.D specific mini flash. It's flexible and super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...